Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Steel City Con Report




Last weekend I was a guest at the Steel City Con in Monroeville, PA. The coordinator, Dominic Alessandria, and his staff put on a very impressive event. There were scores of booths selling all sorts of collectibles, comics, old movie posters, and original artwork. I was, I think, the only author there.

My table was right across from Adam West, the original Batman, and a replica of the show's Batmobile--the biggest draws at the con. So I got a lot of traffic past my table. Unfortunately, this wasn't the right crowd for a fantasy novelist. I signed a few copies of Shadow's Son, but not a lot. Still, it was a cool experience. Lots of toys and people in costumes.

The highlight for me was meeting Melissa from "My World...in words and pages," who has been very supportive of my book in her blog. She lives near Pittsburgh and made the drive out, which was completely awesome.

My next convention is the Pittsburgh ComiCon (April 15-17).

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Hey look at those great pics! :) So cool. I think I would have to frame them and keep them in the den too if I were you.

And you really did have a great seat with Adam West right across from you. lol.

Oh, thanks for the shout out. :) It was great to meet you and I'm glad I could help make the day for you.

Hope to see you in April too.