Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Progress Report

Hey gang,

Now that Shadow's Lure is out, I am splitting my time between promotion and working on the third book. You can check my website (www.jonsprunk.com) for a list of places I'll be visiting.

Progress on book 3 is going well. The writing went very smoothly, but now I'm up to my ass in revisions. The way things are shaping up, I don't think I'll have a problem making my September deadline, but there is a ton of work to do before then, much moreso than with the first two books in the series. Anyway, it's a labor of love.

--Jon

2 comments:

J.S. Chancellor? said...

Sounds painfully familiar. I'm working on book three of Guardians for a November deadline and it's almost an entire rewrite from the first draft that was completed back in 2007.

Exciting, but kind of miserable all at the same time, lol. I think if I were just rewriting it for myself it might feel a little different, but writing on a series while books one and two are out there in the world is a weird feeling for me. Almost too public in a way, if that makes sense.

Jon Sprunk said...

It does. I have a responsibility to my readers to get it right, and also to be timely.